Tuesday, August 17, 2010
I totally realize that I am a complete slacker/failure when it comes to blogging. I guess I have allowed my obsession with Facebook to distract me from blogging. I truly just don't know where to begin, so I won't. I will, briefly touch upon some of the more memorable experiences we've had in the last six months.
Top 10 things to remember November 2009-August 2010:
1. Katie made the drill team for Springville High School in April
2. LeGrande finished his sixth grade year in my classroom. It was great to have him in my class, but it was a VERY difficult year in more ways than one.
3. LeGrande and Emma developed a love for fishing with Dad! They have caught countless catfish down at Utah Lake in the last couple of months.
4. I participated in my first relay race,- the Ragnar Relay. It was truly one of the most physically exhausting and trying experiences of my life. (My total was 21.4 miles)
5. John is hunting for a Dall sheep in Alaska as I write this.
6. We went to Driggs, Idaho (and Jackson Hole) for our family reunion. It was wonderful to visit with all of my family, but especially nice to visit with my brother Shane and sister-in-law Michele from Missouri.
7. Girls Camp at Heber Valley was truly an amazing experience. I had to participate in the fireside on Temples the very first night, so it was a little bit intimidating, but fun.
8. Katie danced in the Stadium of Fire where Carrie Underwood performed.
9. LeGrande got braces in March. What an experience for him!
10. Signed up for my first marathon (potentially my last one too!) It isn't until October 2, but I feel it has overtaken my life!!