Friday, April 14, 2017

Life Goes On!

Life is busy!  I don't know how to stay on top of everything.  We are doing well and just trying to keep our heads above water with full time jobs, and church responsibilities, and wildlife fundraising responsibilities.  John's banquet season has been going for the last several months, so every weekend we have been gone attending one or another.  I am so impressed that John does so much for the things he is passionate about like hunting, and wildlife management. He will be done with his term on the Utah State Wildlife Board in June.  He has served as the chairman of the board for the last couple of years, and has had to be a part of some pretty controversial issues.  I wish I could be more like him in so many ways!

I am just going to post several pics with captions to summarize the last few months.  I can in no way share all that we've done, but here are some highlights anyway.
With Elder Redd in West Long Beach.  A member sent us this pic.

John was able to appear on Fox 13 News during the WHCE.  He even auctioned off a date with Carrie Kronk, a newscaster

Jace, Katie, Kevin Jensen (Great family friend) and I ran in a 5k during the expo in February.  Pretty much all uphill!

John and I during the WHCE

Friday and Saturday auctions and banquets at the WHCE are the best!  A good time to dress up.

In March, our youth in the ward had an etiquette night.  I got to help plan this, but unfortunately, there were not enough boys.  Luckily for us, Dad was around to be Emma's etiquette date.

LeGrande was absolutely thrilled to get Elder Quintana as his companion.  They are currently serving in Cypress, California.  The members have been so awesome!  They are always posting and sending pics of my little dude....not so little anymore.

During Spring Break John had an auction in Bryce Canyon.  Although the weather was horrible, we did actually get a small hike in,-Red Canyon.  Even brough Milo.  Emma enjoyed her new camera and took some really cool pictures.



I did some remodeling/Painting during the break.  From bright red to grey.  I even sewed my own valances.  Everyone knows I am NOT domestic.  But I did try!  Turned out better than I had hoped for.

I guess this would be an after and before pic!

Elder Bair and Elder Quintana preachin!  I received this pic on my birthday.  It was the BEST present EVER.

John received a prestigious award for his service on the Utah State Wildlife Board.  He has been chairman for the last couple of years.  His term of six years will end in June.  I can't believe it!  



John and Emma at the recognition dinner for John.

1 comment:

Kira said...

I love the kitchen!!